20 & Blogging 101!
Starting a blog is always filled with so much excitement, however a lot of people don’t realize how much comes with it. One main thing I always tell people is that with blogging you have to bee consistent and have to know some key facts when starting and maintaining a blog.
I started blogging summer of 2010 when I was 16. I fell in love with blogging because of Necole Bitchie and TMZ. I started off doing mainly entertainment blogging and promoting upcoming new artists. I was extremely consistent and entertainment blogging definitely brought tons of traffic to my site. But at the time I was doing it as a hobby and didn’t know I could get paid for it until years later.
With blogging I learned a lot of things such as: about copying and pasting photos that aren’t yours, legal problems, the massive amount of how many people are blogging, the ins and outs of wordpress and more.
I decided to share some of my blogging tips 101 and what I have learned so far.
- BEE CONSISTENT, is this what you really want or is it just a hobby or trendy for you?
- Think about what kind of blogger you want to bee? Fashion, entertainment, beauty etc.
- Create a dope name that’s catchy for your blog
- Think about do you want to brand yourself or brand your company’s name
- What blogging site do you want to use? WordPress, SquareSpace, Tumblr etc.
- Pick a cool template that makes sense.
- Visuals are so important, make sure your pictures make sense.
- Make sure your pictures are legal and not copy written especially if they are from Getty.
- Always upload your pictures as the name of the blog post (Key words are so important).
- Research Google AdSense
- Make sure your content makes sense to blog.
- Last thing make sure you are passionate about it.
These are a few rules I milk in people’s heads at my boot camp. Being consistent is the main one. Make sure you are posting daily and gaining fans and followers.
Like What You Are Reading? Subscribe Here!